Check here for the newest fashion and hiphop music!! SPREAD THE WORD!! DMV (DC/MD/VA) Stand Up!!.. Dont Hate.. Collaborate.. YA DIG!! Hit Me On Twitter (@DJRioblackwood) For Spots On This Blog AND FOLLOW MY LABEL @DMGTheLabel !!!!

Monday, December 6, 2010

DJ Premier Talks About Unfinished Jay-Z Album


Check out the details on a past Hova album that never saw daylight.



In an interview with Preemo he breaks down how it all came together.

"Jay-Z reached out to me when he was going to do The Black Album. This was years before he put it out because he postponed it, ended up working on other stuff, and then he came out with the album and decided to retire. Way prior to that he called me and said he was going to do an album and that he wanted me to do the whole thing. But he said, 'I know how busy you are, Premo, but I want you to not have anything to do with anybody for the whole time we make this album. I need like a two week window, and we just do it.' And I understood where he was coming from, because he knows it had to be that deep of a situation to get it to be right and to call it The Black Album. Prince already made The Black Album. If you're going to make one, it better be top notch. There's a lot that goes along with that. So to approach me about that? That's the same way I look at the Cold Crush, Fantastic, Kool Moe D, all that. LL and I have tried two or three times to work on stuff. He's somebody you gotta sit down with and really focus on because he deserves that type of attention. And I'm proud to give him that type of attention."



This would of been another huge album for Jay if the project was released. 

No comments: